Sandbox Radio entertainment comes in like a lion
Since 2011, the people behind Sandbox Radio have been putting together live performances of the kind of variety show you don’t hear much these days. There’s comedy, drama, sound effects and music — all percolating up from the minds and talents of local artists and featured guests.
They call it “theater for radio: reimagined.” Our presentation of their latest production, “In Like a Lion,” features the following performances:
- "The New Colossus," by Emma Lazarus
- "March Madness," by Lisa Halpern
- "The Emperor’s New Clothes," adapted by Leslie Law and Richard Ziman from the story by Hans Christian Andersen
- "Plattitudes: In Like a Lion," written and performed by Peggy Platt
- "Charday: Squirrel P.I. — Is That All There Is To A Fire?," by Scot Augustson
Sandbox Radio is produced and directed by Leslie Law and Richard Ziman, with music direction by Angie Louise. “In Like a Lion” was performed at Town Hall Seattle on March 6. Their next one night only show, “MAYDAY! MAYDAY!,” is coming up on May 1 at Town Hall Seattle.