This week we're asking how do we move forward?
Donald Trump visited Washington, Mexico and Arizona this week where he delivered a speech on immigration. What effect does his anti-immigration, anti-refugee rhetoric have on minority groups living in this country?
This week The Stranger rescinded their endorsement of Erin Jones, who is running against Chris Reykdal for the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of Washington. The decision came after comments Jones made about LGBTQ issues. What should voters expect from someone who is charting the path for what public schools teach in the state?
And last weekend San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sat during the national anthem. How did the Seahawks respond? And what do you want from your hometown team?
We'll tackle these subjects and more on Week in Review.
Get caught up on the issues:
- Alarming Comments on LGBTQ Youth from the Woman Who Wants to Be Washington State’s Top Education Official
- An Open Letter From Erin Jones to The Stranger
- King County Dem caught up in controversial ‘homeless island’ idea
- Don't Be A Slowpoke: Why Left Lane Driving Causes Traffic
- How we overcame fear and fell in love with camping
Bill Radke @KUOWRadke host
Erica C. Barnett @ericacbarnett writes for C is for Crank
Gyasi Ross @BigIndianGyasi is a local writer and activist