The Record: Wednesday, Feb. 3, Full Show
A Washington state lawmaker has resigned over allegations he misrepresented his military record. We don't know all the facts yet, but this does come up a lot. How often do people lie about military service and how much does it matter?
Also, Los Angeles has Koreatown, New York has Little Italy. Seattle has the International District, but one of our guests argues that we should also have an Africatown.
And the X-Files are back in Vancouver, B.C., which is not as big a deal as it used to be and we'll show you why.
Listen to the full show above or check out the individual stories:
- State Senator Jayapal Has Sights Set On D.C.
- Creating Africatown In Seattle's Central District
- Could A Modest Pay Raise Help Washington's Teacher Shortage Crisis?
- Historic Deal Protects Canada's Great Bear Rainforest
- Why Do People Lie About Their Military Service?
- How 'The X-Files' Turned Vancouver Into 'Hollywood North'
- From Insecure Kid To Washington State's Poet Laureate