City Flag Smackdown
1 of 8
2 of 8
3 of 8
4 of 8
5 of 8
6 of 8
7 of 8
8 of 8
Every major US city has a flag. But not all are created equal. Today on KUOW Presents, we feature an episode of 99% Invisible that somehow makes vexillology fascinating, even if we can't pronounce it.
Other stories on KUOW Presents, May 7:
- China Denies Cyber-Spying On United States
- CBC Interview On Guantanamo Hunger Strike
- Christian Wiman On Writing About Life and Death
- In Tokyo, a restaurant toasts Fukushima every night
- Walking Across America - Advice for a Young Man
- North Korea leadership 'looks comical but is deadly serious'
- 99% Invisible: Symbolic (The Poetry of Flag Design)
- Letter from a Guantanamo Detainee
- Protests: Do They Work?
- Writer's Almanac
- Greendays Gardening Advice
- Breaking The Taboo Against Talking About Death
- Elwha River: Recovery Proceeds Despite Sediment Setbacks